1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over subscribe to the Winemakers of Rutherglen newsletter https://winemakers.com.au/ between 01/12/2022 and 10/01/2023.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Entries into the promotion open on 01/12/2022 and close at 11.59pm on 10/01/2023 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To be eligible to enter individuals must subscribe to the Winemakers of Rutherglen database.
6. For clarity, there is one physical prize available to be won during the Promotional Period.
7. The prize draw will take place at Nolan Media Events 2/21 Reid Street Wangaratta VIC, 3677 at 12:00pm (noon) AEST on 11/01/2023. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified in writing by email and their name will be published at www.winemakers.com.au on 12/01/2023.
8. The first valid entry drawn win a trip for two (2) adults to The Sebel Yarrawonga in VIC valued at $1,000 depending on date. Prize includes:
• Two (2) x nights deluxe accommodation at The Sebel Yarrawonga in a 1-bedroom apartment.
• Breakfast for two; and
• A Rutherglen Winery Experience for two including visits to five wineries and lunch.
Spending money, additional meals, insurance, transport to and from The Sebel Yarrawonga, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 31/12/2023 and is subject to booking availability. Prize cannot be taken during Australian school holidays, public holidays or other peak periods.
9. The winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid vaccinations and travel documentation required for travel.
10. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
12. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
13. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or any other kind of disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend, substitute or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
16. If a Northern Territory resident is the winner of a prize that consists solely of alcohol or in which alcohol forms a principal part of a prize, the winner/s will be awarded cash in lieu of the alcohol prize.
17. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the licensee’s liquor serving policy. The Promoter advocates the responsible service and consumption of alcohol.
18. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the licensee’s liquor serving policy.
19. If for any reason a winner does not take or redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
20. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. Total prize pool value is $1,000. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Event or a Session is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) [use of a prize and/or taking of a prize.
28. As a condition of accepting the major draw prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
30. The Promoter is The Winemakers of Rutherglen Inc (ABN 66 281 373 196) of 57 Main Street Rutherglen VIC 3685.